Ads 468x60px

Monday 24 September 2012

Tantan-men

I love Ramen and all of my children love them too. I think it might not be a bad idea if I know how to make it. I've made Tonkotsu Ramen before but never tried to make this Tantan-men. I've looked at so many recipes on the internet and I got confused. In the end I thought that I should try to recreate the taste I remembered and make my own recipe >> The outcome is pretty good and I thought that I should share it with you guys too! 

Note that this noodle soup can be a bit spicy for those who are aware of the spiciness (I am Thai so I love it ^^)


Ingredients for 4 People :

- 500 g Pork mince
- 4 packs Ramen noodles or Chinese egg noodles
- 5-6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cloves of garlice chopped
- 2 Tsp ginger crushed
- 2 Tbsp of Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste) for the soup and 2 Tb for the pork mince paste.
- 2 Tbsp of Miso paste (There are several type of Miso paste in the market. I used white Miso)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine for cooking)
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sugar

For Topping :
- Chopped spring-oinion
- Black fungus mushroom sliced (Optional)
- Corn kernel cooked
- Soft boiled egg cut in half
- Roasted white sesame seed (Optional)
- Seaweed (Optional)

Method :

In the pot, heat the chicken stock then add 2 Tbsp Gochujang paste stir well and leave it simmer on a low heat.
Heat the oil in the wok.
Once the oil is hot, add garlic and ginger and give it stir until fragrant.
Add pork mince. Stir the mince until the mince is cooked.
Add Miso paste; 2 Tbsp Gochujang paste; soy sauce; Mirin; Sesame oil; salt and pepper and Sugar.
If it is getting too dry you can add a bit of the chicken soup. Leave it simmer until the sauce thickens.
Turn the stove off and let it cool.

When serving, cook the noodles in boiling water, drain the water and put the cooked noodles into the bowl.  Top with pork mince paste then the soup the rest of the toppings.

Enjoy! ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment